Thursday, June 19, 2008

Funorb Arcanist Review

I played this game after there was some news about it on Runescape's main page. The game being updated or whatever. Anyways, so I logged in. Tons of games were going on, and I joined. The whole game is made to look very 7-year-old-ish. I seriously doubt Jagex is aiming for ages 13+ with these games as Arcanist is so colorful it appeals to probably kids that JUST started using a computer. But, don't let the colors fool you, it's quite hard to play and master. There are all these hidden keys that you need to know, and you shoot all these spells at your enemies in this destructible world. Imagine that tank game (where there's a map with two tanks, and you both try and kill each other by gauging the wind speed and fire-strength) on steroids. There is no wind, but there are like a billion spells of different types, and you can upgrade them too. So everybody was firing these rain of fire and rain of arrows spells at each other, and trying to eat away at their hitpoints, and that's when I realized that there are teams! So, the game (I think) automatically assigns teams if more than 2 people are playing. It's definitely not easy to get started in, perhaps that is why they have a tutorial mode for this game (which nobody really plays). You can even spawn little imps to do your biding. I'd recommend not playing it as it is quite boring and difficult to learn. But then again, you can try it if you want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Arcanist is suddenly the big thing for the kids in my neighborhood. I think someone was playing it at the library and now they are all. I am horrible at video games but have been trying to research to make sure it is appropriate and safe for my 9-year old. Do you have any opinion about any obvious problems? I am not worried about the sorcery aspect -- I would just like to avoid blatant violence and sexual situations.

Anonymous said...

Theres absolutely no problem with it.My son plays it and its just a game with some shooting, many cartoon arrows, no blood, and tons of fun